Saturday, December 22, 2018

Why Not?

Oregon 1993 trip
Affirmations validate. I will provide an example should you need (an)other one.

As you know I have been working on, considering concepts, running logistics, estimating time and materials, on another epic bike trip. As much as I would love to be talking about an around the world jaunt, the scope of that exceeds my humble means at this point. But from Canada to Mexico could be done (within the framework of some exacting parameters and with details worked down to the dime.)

This is how I understand it to work, a principle I have tested many times and one that has yet to fail me. The moment, I mean the nano-second, that one commits to something, and for our purposes today that means something BIG, in that flash of eternity you are automatically connected to the universal cache of creative possibility. The cosmos steps up and makes subtle, super serious suggestions to offer a partnership. Mostly these suggestions come in the form of thoughts, ideas, plans and possibilities, almost always asking one question in the discussion with their newly formed teammate(s). That question is: WHY NOT?

Why not start the planning on an epic bike trip from Seattle to LA? Why not create a tour package? What not film a doc of the twenty-one days riding along one of the most beautiful stretches of beachfront known to this hemisphere? Why not pull all the stops and lay it out as the journey of a lifetime?

I shopped the concept around a little the last few days, gathering initial reactions to the commitment necessary for successful execution, with the usual plethora of responses, from the wow, to the whew. Mostly there were the hummm. The let me think about, it middle of the road, non committal nothing. The middle is nowhere, it is lost in the shadow of fear and home to apathy, lethargy and stagnation. Yes, I realize that most people have real jobs, real responsibilities and real debts, but were talking about glory here. And with no guts there can be no glory.

I am in the shower after this morning's class, smelling of ammonia and lavender, thinking about how absolutely wonderful it is to be out in the world on a bike, sleeping on the beach, meeting like minded pilgrims from other countries, sipping espresso at sunrise with the hiss of ocean surf just twenty feet away when I get an idea. What are we gonna call this thing? We need a hook of a slogan to kick start the marketing. Pop.

Yo, cosmos? Yeppers. Whaddya got? COW. As in EPIC COW. THE epic Cow.

Epic California Oregon Washington. eCOW.

You like it? I do. A lot? Absolutely, I can see it on the jerseys now and feel the salty air on my face. Then…

Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment