Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Thickening Plot

The answer please.

You will no doubt recall yesterday's two-part quiz.

When we leaked some juicy research that validates our feeling that this IS a story worth exploring, in the least, and chronicling in a factual and detailed celluloid manner, at best.

That is our goal. To give this story justice in the form of movie story-telling. That means, to start, a treatment or, going right to the jugular, the screenplay.

We are now, officially, in research mode. Just this morning, as I continue to refine the 'pitch' version of this sprawling epic tale, I got yet another 'wow, really?' response. The pitch, formal or otherwise, ended with discussion of the associated costs. Why not start a go fund me page? Because I would have to spill the story beans and there are thousands of writers and studios out there who would love to have somebody do all the work for them, up front and free. Meaning I have two options: Self fund or find 'that somebody'. Intriguingly after the "wow, really?" came a, "I know somebody".

In the old days I would say something to the effect that I will wait by the phone. However, if my experience has taught anything it is to keep moving, act, push, and should a call with an unknown caller ID land, I'll inquire. Not holding breaths. But.

A half a point on quadruple break-even is starting point and we can negotiate down from there. Kidding.

Now to the answer.

Too wet on the southern Oregon coast even in early September to start a massive forest fire with just two incendiary bombs (even at 340lbs apiece).

To keep you in the loop, here are two more accounts of Nobuo Fujita and his connection to Brookings, Oregon. Part One and Part Two.

He is Imperial Japanese Pilot with a 400 year family tradition of Samurai as well as the answer to an unbelievable WWII historical (I can't call it trivial) question.

He was the only pilot to drop a bomb (he actually totaled 4) on American soil during WWII. You probably know by now where that occurred.

It will be my first stop in recording historical accounts and B-Roll capture. With any luck at all I might even catch the Azalea Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment