Thursday, January 25, 2018

Hurts like Hell


Totally painless. The worst part was the prep. Glad it is over.
I have been told that I am the rare bird that waits until 65 to first partake in the ritual known as the colonoscopy. But partake we did with the good news that everything looked fairly sanitary, the one exception being a small, and normal I am told, polyp. I was asked to return in three years for a follow up.

Please remember that all this is still part of the initial exploratory plan to determine why I suffer from bouts of dizziness, lethargy, syncope, hypotension and fatigue.

Post insert surgery, and as the unpleasant symptoms increased in frequency, the good medical staff at UW Med started down the list of potential causes for the malaise. We did sleep apnea, depression, internal medicine and now the latest round completed just a few hours ago.

We have no clue, and I don’t know where they might want to go from here. Truth be told I am becoming accustomed to the reality of dealing with weird stuff, so I might re-direct all physical analysis towards my hip (piriformis syndrome) and see if we can non-surgically remedy that ailment so at least I can run again. If I should die of prostrate cancer while running down that path, so be it. I am sure Madame Pele would get a laugh out of that one.

Begging the question, what can I do to aid and abet my own health and fitness, be a little more pro-active and continue the quality control tweaking process?

And I know the answer. Or one of them.

I already workout every day, get enough sleep and eat no meat. Leaving a two-headed culprit laughing in the cross-hairs.

I, admitted with extreme sadness, have been negatively affected by all the vile, disgusting and criminal actions of the current so-called administration. It is no secret that I am not a Trump fan. It is also no secret that I believe him to be everything wrong with America, from his callous bigotry, misogyny, and nepotism, to an alarming constitutional ignorance and ultimately, alleged treason. He is a blatant racist and chronic liar bent on class warfare flying a white supremacist flag of deceit, greed and violence. His lack of integrity is matched by a totally devoid code of honor. Except perhaps among his thieving cronies.

Point being, that trying to keep up with Robert Mueller and his investigation has challenged by best efforts to keep a balanced and calm perspective. This shit pisses me off. We are doing the same things that we spent the last 150 years ‘fixing’. Worse, this bozo continually fans the flames of racial violence and the aforementioned class warfare. Since I have taken a ‘vow of resistance’ and will not rest until he, his family, and cabinet are all wearing orange jumpsuits, my stress management is dependent upon two things:

1) Rachael Maddow and MSNBC, and,
2) Fermented hops in accompaniment.

In closing today, please be advised that the ’totally painless’ opening statement applies to having a camera rammed up my ass, and not the same metaphorical procedure being administered to America by this cabal of kleptocrats.

I can deal with the medical procedure, the political one however, hurts like hell.



No comments:

Post a Comment