Thursday, February 8, 2018

It is 0904


Going to take a stab at it. This will be a first. Hopefully it will not be the last.

Updates in real time. First person, active voice. Go.

My eyes open. It is dark and I am in a strange bed. Oddly, I feel safe, secure and relaxed. My first chore is to take a reading on my heart activity, am I still in atrial fibrillation, or has my 'advanced' technique succeeded?

Affirming sinus rhythm success, I access the current situation and immediately recall that I am house sitting. Having nothing on the agenda until 1000 today, I deeply relax and enjoy the recovery opportunity. I count breaths. My thoughts, like a ping-pong ball, bounce between Husky players numbers and concerns over Dad's behavior, not exactly the 'goal' of breath counting. After several re-starts, replacing Deonate Cooper with Sonny Sixkiller and a peaceful and pleasant book reader with the current raging and frustrated father slipping ever further into dementia, I reach the numerical apex and rise.

I feel good. Yesterday's three sessions seem to have strengthened this bag of bones instead of creating stiffness and soreness. Niezsche was right I chuckle. Heading downstairs to walk the dog, Spike, I decide to make a pot of coffee so that it will be ready when we return from our morning surveillance stroll of the neighborhood. There are three new houses going up. They are going up as fast as the builders can stack wood, bend rebar, staple roofing material, hang tyvek, mold aluminum and cut plastic. I ask Spike if he is as glad as I am that we are not longer in the construction biz. He looks at me with an expression that starts with a yes, and ends with a let's go have breakfast look.

I am enjoying the fresh coffee which I intentionally over built. Spike seems to be doing likewise with his over-filled bowl of turkey and rice granulated pellets. He is a good dog.

Upstairs I check in with the world via internet. All is well except for the fact that the slime-ball America has elected as its leader is now wanting a military parade in his honor. Dad asked me yesterday what I thought was wrong with that. Dad watches Fox News.

Maybe my answer is what causes him to drink. I think that perhaps - no probably - me engaging an 85 year Republican in a debate on the current state of the party of Lincoln, is like me asking Spike if he wants something to eat.

It may be wrong, immoral and unethical but if there is a meal in it, let's eat.

Politicians, like dogs, get lazy when fat.

I breathe deeply and calm my ragged and outraged ego. I know somewhere a Dreamer is getting harassed by ICE, a musician is getting busted for pot, a gay is being bullied, a black athlete is taking a knee in protest, innocent civilians die as a direct result of our foreign interests, another waterway is polluted by sweet crude, Native Americans cower, another rape goes unreported, Nazi's gather, two old friends die together from opiod overdoses, another twenty-two vets commit suicide, sixteen seniors on fixed incomes are rendered homeless, ten people are denied medical attention because of lack of insurance, a Fox News host lies, the press secretary conveniently blames the former President for it, the president lies again and the Senate attempts another round of distraction and misdirection to cover.

I need to take a walk with the dog. It is 0904.

No comments:

Post a Comment