Thursday, February 15, 2018

Unacceptable America

I am really mad today. There was yet another shooting at a High School yesterday. Seventeen innocent kids died needlessly as a 'troubled' teen opened fire with an AR-15.

I am a little numb as well. Calloused by the appalling and cavalier attitudes of politicians buying cars, vacation homes and stocks with what can only be labeled as blood money from the NRA.

I am offended by politicians offering thoughts and prayers. About as useful as sending a wish-list to Santa.

I am troubled by the conquer and divide strategy that wedges Americans even further apart than we already are.  The second amendment in its entirety:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I am confused today. Somehow the technological differences between the weaponry used in 1776 and those of today vary like the difference in how we generate horsepower then versus now. We have (somewhat) successfully addressed those regulations and laws. Have we heard this before: License, registration and proof of insurance, please? Lastly, for those choosing to try the 'it is not a gun issue, it is a people issue', your attempt is laughable. You are confusing paradox with truth.

 America is #1. Number one in gun ownership and number one in murders committed by home-grown (white) terrorists. But money does more than talk. Way more.

I am all in for debate. I want change. I am tired of feeling depressed, angry, perplexed and helpless. I am weary of pointing fingers at the ignorant, brain-washed and bought. I am aghast at how the gun lobby considers these kids to be collateral damage, relentlessly echoing a 'too soon', gaslight propaganda campaign to shield their puppets in congress and the senate. This lethal charade needs a conclusion. A swift one.

I am sick and tired today.

This is unacceptable America.

No comments:

Post a Comment