Saturday, February 1, 2020

We Are a Go


CHAPTER TWO

32. 

He sang. He yodeled. He rapped. The four big questions yielded a gold mine of information. 

1) Are you associated with the outfit that kidnapped the woman from Community General? Yes.

2) Who are you working for? A guy named Prince. I think he leads a cell in Dallas. ISIS? No. Cartel? No. Russia? No. Who then? I don’t know. 

3) What is the end game? Not sure our job was just surveillance. Additional prodding produces an address.

4) Where is Saunders? Probably at the safe house. Without as much as a threat, just the show of the scarred Louisville Slugger, I have an address. 

Satisfied I meet with Davis in the hallway. 

“How fast can we completely ghost outta here?” I ask.

“Fifteen minutes, without a trace. Bromden just got back.” Davis reports.

“Who’s is the medic?

“Calahan.”

“Who is communications?”

“Neumann.” I address them. 

“Benzo for both perps, in water, immobilize for five hours. GPS transponder in their shoes.” I say, “We’ll meet in the kitchen once they’re out. We move, clean, in fourteen minutes. Go.” 

A scramble is underway as I contact TOM for the update. 

Eleven minutes later we meet in the kitchen. The team is now back to four, six with myself and Drysdale. They stand in full gear, packed and ready. I lay out the plan.

“Three teams of two, Davis and Calahan, Neumann and Bromden. I will pick up Drysdale at the Hospital. Here is what we got from the perps, and nice work on the pinch boys, this one has paid-off a jackpot of silver fucking dollars. TOM says double-down."

I assign Davis and Calahan as Alpha Unit and provide the address of the local cell headed by an unknown hostile named Prince, probably an alias I suggest. 

Neumann and Bromden are Bravo and will meet at Community General. After Drysdale is on-board we will hit their safe house and hope like Hell that Saunders is still alive. Sounds like we might be out-numbered and out-gunned. But…There is one thing that beats dummies with guns,” I look them each in the eye and see them waiting for the cue. 

“Us. Our skill and our experience.”

There is a silent but powerful group hurrah. We all feel the electrical charge of energy as if lightning bolts have just touched-down at the base of our spines. I sense the chance to motivate. 

“Skill, experience and our training, our talent and,” I pause for emphasis, “our commitment.”

This time the hurrah sounds like the thunder after the lightening's flash of power. 

We are a go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment