Friday, November 29, 2019

GO DAWGS



In an altogether different direction, the new video (current project) has turned ninety degrees. The initial concept, a group narrative extolling the various virtues of bicycle riding, has shifted away from something I have already done, towards something I have also already done. But something I think I can do better. The basic idea, changed as I bit the click-bait of new media available at the Internet Archives, an invaluable media resource, came into crisp focus as I explored the page called ‘Movie Trailers’. And the rest, as they say, is history. 

Before I could say roll the credits, I had downloaded more than a dozen official movie trailers, all in the public domain, and went about the business of considering the endless ways I might sequence them into something fun, exciting, novel and appropriate for an hour spin class accompaniment. Easy, no?

Here are a few of them, and you can play along and consider formatting them into your own cardio cinema colossal. 

North by Northwest
Matlese Falcon
Butch Cassidy
The Crawling Eye
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
Superman
Ratatouille
Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
The Shinning
Triplets of Belleville
The Truman Show
Tora, Tora, Tora
Young Frankenstein
A Few Good Men
Kung Fu Panda
The Princess Bride
The Sandlot
School of Rock
Cars


The idea will be to shift the interviews and steer them towards asking for a favorite movie among them, and to find a connection with cycling, however obvious or obscure. The answer naturally segues into the archival footage of what we always use as the bread and butter of the series, people riding bikes. 

So there is that.

The 112th Apple Cup kicks off in less than an hour so I must go. 

And GO DAWGS. 

1 comment: