Sunday, March 31, 2019

Race Day

I have shot a thousand events. From Ironman to Earth Day marches. They each offer a unique opportunity to free-lance, improvise and capture the spirit they we established to promote. They can be fun, electric and crackling with energy, or seriously challenging.

Today I covered a mountain bike event. Kids to Masters and every skill level and age group demographic. I do this on foot, with a loaded back-pack toting gear, water and a small emergency kit.

The course that I walked was around ten miles. Give or take. It is work. But work that I enjoy. I took some chances out there today trying to capture new and inventive camera angles. I was fully prepared to sacrifice one of my Go-Pro's to this endeavor, placing it in a mid-course hole, this former home of a baseball sized rock. Rock out, cam in. It was positioned behind a log so that most riders would be air-borne as I captured them from the undercarriage. A great shot, especially in slow motion.

I am down loading media and hope to push the next video release to next Friday. We shall see.

Pictured above is one of the course marshalls I was telling my favorite racing story to as we had a break in the action. I, as the Waco Kid, like to keep my audience riveted.

Tomorrow is April first. WOW. This is all happening in real time.

No comments:

Post a Comment