Tuesday, July 17, 2018

This Darkness



If (I realize that is a big IF) you have been following The Streak* since its inception on January 1 of this year, and the 197 days since, you will quickly be reminded that, although this is steam of consciousness writing designed more as a therapeutic chronicle discipline, I use a familiar template and three major themes. The themes (things I think I know) are:

1) Training and racing.
2) Popular culture.
3) Politics.

Routinely those ingredients are sent to the blender to see if a fresh spin on an old standard might provide tasty and interesting new concoctions. Our Department of Mixology routinely finds paradox, humor and change in this noble quest. Mostly, according to our data experts, because we, as hopefully you, find value in commentary on the absurdity of who we were, who we have become and who we are morphing into. We as a people. Americans. Talk about paradox!

Today is another rant in the attempt to quench a thirst so powerful my mouth turns arid at the mere mention. I am talking about the POTUS. On Monday in Helsinki, Finland, he met with Russian President and former KGB operative Vladimir Putin IN PRIVATE. One does not need a BS in poli-sci to understand the implications. When, on the same stage with a bloodthirsty dictator, trump says that the media, James Comey, Obama, Clinton, Mueller, Rosenstein, Strzok, a bus load of sexual assault accusers, scientists on climate change, the FBI, CIA and DOJ are all lying, but he believes Putin is telling the truth, I want to laugh. And then cry. 

We are in crisis. Red lights are flashing. Sirens are sounding. Even that ridiculous ‘news’ channel spewing hatred and racism around the clock has admitted that their poster boy for intolerance has put what appears to be a black wingtip into his fat ugly mouth. 

I agree with so many, and have since day one, that the guy is a national embarrassment. He has already done enough harm to our delicate global standing, alienating people of color, the poor, gays, women, liberals (OMG), and almost every American still able to think rationally and consider the criminal ramifications of his policies, his morals, his intentions, his corruption, his inability to govern and his outright disdain for the citizens he took an oath to protect. It is called treason. 

I said it yesterday and I will echo again until he is dragged down a prison hallway in an orange jumpsuit shackled from the waist by the enormity of his crimes,

IF MUELLER DOESN’T GET HIM - NOVEMBER WILL. 

One way or another this darkness has got to give. 

* The Streak is my third attempt at blogging a post every day. It is part discipline (I would like to improve my writing by actually doing it), part journal (I am dealing with some issues that I feel a chronicle could help others similarly afflicted), and the age-old belief that sharing benefits us both. 


No comments:

Post a Comment