Thursday, July 19, 2018

Race Day -2


Race Day minus two. The schedule today calls for a swim and an easy indoor ride tonight in the world famous PowerBarn. In between Amazon.com finally delivered my replacement struts for the Ranger, so there is the ‘grease under fingernails’ chore, gassing up the RV and charging battery for tomorrow’s inspection, bike cleaning, video gear proportion, race gear packing and whatever else I plan on hauling over the Cascades and into the sun. And please do not forget the Phish ticket and Dead T-shirt from 1994 West Coast tour. I will make one more AirBnb search for something Saturday night, otherwise it’s fart sack in bed of truck after the long day of racing and rocking. 

As if adding three fresh events to the calendar, The Big Hurt four person team multi-sport event, The Ride 542 up Mt Baker and the TriCamp for six weeks, wasn’t enough, I just invited myself to visit my niece, and her kids in Northern California at the end of August, a trip I have been considering for some time. This would, as always, multipurpose video, research and family gatherings nicely. A couple of days there and we’re off for the grand Western States tour. 

The last two items on my check-off list, after the above, are a haircut and the purchase of a CO2 cartridge for the bike. 

Then I should be ready. 

I will check the list again and report success tomorrow before pulling anchor on another road trip adventure. Have a great day……………….Unless of course you’ve made other plans. 



No comments:

Post a Comment