Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Small Price To Pay



I am working the new video. This time of year I don’t have a lot of new media, that being the main reason I am assembling the Tour of California trip. To date the media I am using for Season 4 Episode 52, is from the mountain bike event I filmed two weeks ago and Sunday’s guest visit from Trek-Segafreddo Pro rider Kiel Reijnen. Both yielded some very decent material, but not quite enough to simply drop into the template, render and rip. That approach being the editing equivalent of the landscape maintenance professional’s ‘mow, blow and go’. 

As unassuming as my training videos play they must have an artistic component as well as lively, local accounts of our riders and the outward expanding landscapers in which they ride. Additionally this year will be another attempt to compile video from every state, the continuing attempt I should say as I have been doing this for almost 20 years, the last 10 of which have addressed this specific geographic goal. In 2018 the check-off states identified are:

Montana
Wyoming
North Dakota
South Dakota
Yellowstone

Yes, I know that the last one fails the statehood test, but after completion of the states our National Parks and Recreation Areas are next, so if I am close, why not?

The ToC trip will bet my fifth attempt to capture the awesome combination of Pro cycling drama, spectacular natural surroundings and the many routes the race traverses. People, places and things. Looks like the trip will catch the later stages in Northern California, specifically South Lake Tahoe, and the tour’s finish in Sacramento. I have scheduled five days from Wednesday, May 16 - Sunday, May 20 for this cinematic adventure. Despite needing to give up two spin classes and designate PB chores to the assistant facilitator, it is something I both want and need to do. It has both desire and necessity. Happily the normally stoic and staid chief financial officer has generously advanced a $1K budget for the trip. 

A small price to pay. 

Editors note: Per yesterday’s post, my overnight meditation and rest tactic for the treatment of the latest round of A-Fib was successful. I am taking today off altogether as we have an overflow house tonight in the PowerBarn and we’ll see what happens during tomorrow morning’s HIT Super 3 session. Hoorah.



No comments:

Post a Comment