Sunday, June 17, 2018

Further



The photo grabbed me by the soul the minute we walked in. It was the last evening we would celebrate together after three days of riding, dinning and hi-fiving. The annual epic trek to Bend, Oregon, Sunriver actually is base camp, was almost at an end as we entered the Worthy BrewPub for an encore celebration. 

I waltz in to see a poster of Further, the legendary bus commissioned by Ken Kesey and piloted by Cowboy Neal, commanding attention at the entrance. I knew (without looking) that we were in for a wild ride. 

My dinner choice came down to two items, a local ingredient pizza with pesto and mushrooms and a veggie sandwich going by the juicy moniker of Box of Rain Vegetarian Delight. 

Phil Lesh and Bob Hunter won that round with the review I can only label De-Lesh. 

So we’re back. Eight long road hours later I sit uploading video for the next episode which I promised in two weeks. These puppies used to take a year and cost a condo (actual fact), now I can crank them about as fast as a day-glow painted 1939 International reeling' down Mt Bachelor. 

Big thanks to all the PowerBarners for their camaraderie, attitude, energy and friendship. This is a team like no other and I am proud to be a part, to play a small role in the epicness and adventure. 

Till next year: Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment