Thursday, April 25, 2019

Shelter Access



Today is an experiment. In the form of a morning outline of chores scheduled. As a way to provide a variety of motivational validation and oversight, I will list the items on my to-do list this morning (it is already late 0823) and later in the day, say 1700 I will update, rate and evaluate my success, or lack thereof, with the chores, tasks, assignments, projects advancements, and general observations regarding them. Today is about accountability and flow. The former rather obvious and the latter part of my need to gracefully deal with the frustrations, challenges and costs that will surely follow me in search for completion, closure and catharsis. The list then:

Bank. People still write checks. I must take them to (my local) bank to have them converted to cash. A waste of time and energy as well as a totally unnecessary consumption of polluting fossil fuels. 

Hardware store. I am installing a new antenna, router, repeater set up in the PowerBarn to improve our WIFI. I have already charged over $150 for new devices but now need a $5 adapter to connect the coax cable to the ethernet female input. 

Install the system and set up. Wish me luck here. 

Take the new rig to Les Schwab for front end inspection. That shimmy up front has me concerned. I can double up chores here by dropping off the Transit (Whitey Ford) and then walking the Wal-Mart or Home Depot for the above mentioned adapter.

Register Whitey. Today is officially one week, meaning I have another eight days to get it done. I hate paying a $320 tax on a vehicle I bought from a private party. Just so you know. 

Respond to the the graphic artist doing the re-branding. His first mock up left me completely nonplussed. A total meh.

Do the open video sequence for Season 5 Episode 66. The footage from the weekend is OK and I am already tired of the current video, although two positive opinions were presented last night on it. They liked the new camera angles (over and under). 

Continue the set-up and master the user interface with Wahoo Fitness and Zwift apps.

Start the brake job on the Ranger.

Set list for Saturday.

Route for Sunday’s ride. 

Shop for food. Although I am house sitting for the next six days (four of them double duty) I am running dangerously low on basic provisions in the cabin. Double up again while Whitey is getting scoped. 

Start the prep work for the Craigs List garage sale. Clean the Orbea and shoot the drones. Move the RV down to the cabin and prep for annual spring clean. 

Get to the PB for evening session (and router set up) by 1700. 

Daylight is burning. This is the path. The only map available. You might need to improvise. There is no access to shelter. GO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment