Sunday, May 6, 2018

Serendipitous much?



After our ride this morning I will be taking the new drone up for a test flight. Succumbing to the currently prohibitive costs of my two prior multiple prop radio controlled aircraft, the staggeringly popular DJI Phantoms, I electronically asked Amazon to send over a Cheerson CX-20. After painstakingly following the user manual instructions for assembly, sometimes aided (and sometimes hindered) by YouTube videos, she is a calibration away from flight. 

Although I have a client for a non-profit in the wings, the main reason for attempting the charm of the third time, is for my cycling videos. Should my indoctrination into the new craft prove successful, as it should, the question is now whether or not to haul it down to Stockton for the Tour of California. I would love to get some overheads of the pro peloton with Lake Tahoe as backdrop. Later in the summer it will be hovering as we ride in Central Oregon, and I will experiment locally to improve handing skills during capture of our many picturesque, videoesque?, roads, routes and rides. 

I shot some time lapse video this morning at sunrise but in 90 minutes the morning cloud cover never fully revealed the majesty of Mt Rainier as I had hoped. Maybe another attempt at sunset once the miles, both in saddle and from sky,  have been logged and the awaiting chores checked off the to do list have all been converted to the past tense, I will get the chance. 

I did find it ironically comforting that the book on tape I am currently playing in the truck (and yes I ordered a new starter) called Big Tiny, is about a gal, Dee Williams, who sells her Portland home to build a tiny house, is undergoing an epiphany of sorts as she deals with the life changing effects of ventricular tachycardia and subsequent pacemaker implant. 

Serendipitous much?

If pacemaker continues to function normally be sure to stay tuned for drone video of my tiny house. 



No comments:

Post a Comment