Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Chocolate Bunny



Let’s write the scene.

Two men talk politics in a gym locker room. As they swap viewpoints another man is listening on the other side of the lockers, out of their sight. 

Obviously Republican Man (ORM): You don’t have to like him or even like what he says, but the economy is robust and that is all people care about.

Bemused Democratic Man (BDM): So nuclear war, an unstable stock market, social unrest, police brutality, overt and normalized racism, air and water pollution, his war on the poor and a free press, our national parks for sale, his dealings with Russia, tax returns, lawsuits by hundreds, his temper, attitude and arrogance, his lies, his bigotry, his misogyny, his lack of compassion, and his lies, did I already mention the lies? His disdain for the rule of law including the constitution and his lack of respect for anything other than money, cronyism, nepotism….

ORM: Ok I get it you don’t like the guy. 

DSM: Let’s try this, if I tell you that when you open your locker you’ll find a chocolate bunny filled with gold and worth a million dollars in there, what would you say?

ORM: I wouldn’t say anything because I know there isn’t one in there.

DSM: But then I tell you that same thing every day for a year, what then?

ORM: I have proved you wrong every time I open a locker. I think you are lying to me.

DSM: Will you trust me after that?

ORM: Of course not, you lied to me, betrayed my trust.

DSM: There is a chocolate bunny filled with gold in your locker. 



No comments:

Post a Comment