Friday, May 18, 2018

Baseball, Cycling, Rock

I will refrain from using the same cliche I used the last time I ran into a rock star. More because I am tired to the core, its late and we have one more stage tomorrow, than any literary excuse. But, after today's freaking insane 123 miles from Folsom to South Lake Tahoe, the return commute, two hours of video download and prep for tomorrow's final stage, all I want to do is shower, quaff an ale, catch some Rachael Maddow and sleep uninterrupted for as long as I can.

Peter Sagan will not win the 2018 Amgen Tour of California (nor will TJ), but if the post race mayhem near his team bus is any indication, this matters little. The last time I witnessed anything this dramatic was a few years ago in DC after a Nationals/Orioles game when Kid Rip was almost mugged for autographs. I have pictures of that too, but as I am on the road one more day, the photo-journalistic comparison between baseball and cycling fans will have to wait (it just dawned on me that there are no extra innings in cycling).

I am heading off to complete the list outlined above. The video that I glanced at looks very decent. Like a fastball so slow you can see the seams.

Or a breakaway stage win.

Goodnight sports fans. See ya tomorrow in Sacramento.

No comments:

Post a Comment