Sunday, March 11, 2018

Red Chair

First day of daylight savings time. Just for the record, I hate DST. Another example of capitalistic exploitation. It is just before 1700 with the sun still high. It is almost 62 degrees, which isn't exactly news for lots of folks but here in the GPNW after 6 months of gray, damp drizzle, power outages and record lows, it feels like Kona.

The truck is washed (a pressure washer I bought at a yard sale in January took its virgin voyage). The deck has been partly cleared of junk and partly cleaned and the laundry done. I also got back to running with a miserable slow 5K (sending me into fairly deep A-Fib which I currently am tending to).

Neighbor Mike brought over some ling cod yesterday so tonight seems a perfect time to pair the fish with the shitake risotto I found at Trader Joe's.

So that is about it sports fans, I am off to mash-up some grub, pop a Stone Go-To IPA and sit on the red deck chair and enjoy the sunset.

DST notwithstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment