Thursday, August 23, 2018

Bussman's Holiday


I may be the only person in the civilized world crazy enough. 

While sparing you (for now) the deeply strategic and sexy details, what qualities me for the Busman of the Year award, in the barest of terms, is that over the last 12 hours I,

1) Left at 1:55 am (0155) and drove 211 miles from home (an Island burb of Seattle) to the Club Sport Oregon fitness center in Tigard, Oregon. Travel time was 3:38.

2) Took a spin class. Class with warm up lasted 60 min.

3) Left the Club Sport Oregon and drove home. Stopped for coffee and gas in Chehalis, drive time 3:56.

Yes, that means I drove three hours, took a one hour spin class and drove another 3 plus hours. 

Sheer lunacy I can assure you. Traffic was light on the out and bumper to bumper through Portland on the back. I just returned to the land of the living after an hour nap and I now prepare for the nightcap encore performance in our facility, the World Famous PowerBarn, at 1700. The six hours at the wheel did give me time to finish the book on tape I have been following, Heinlein’s Stranger in a Strange Land, so I have that going for me. As well as hands-on intel on the Stages bikes and software that I was testing. 

I will have a full review soon, and a more thorough explanation as to how these bikes could be part of an exciting new project that I hope to (softly) launch in the fall. 

Today is August 23rd. College football season starts a week from Saturday as the mighty Dawgs of UW travel down to test the Auburn Tigers the day after my birthday. 

I will tell you this: I need to hustle. 

Said the driver of the bus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment